Tuesday, February 8, 2011

and then a couple of teams from the mid west played a football game....

and we were nonplussed.

( I just realized that the game was not played in Dallas, but in North Texas... guess that is why there was so much ice and snow )


But, turns out I was 100% alone in my ambivalence, Superbowl XV blah something was the most watched television show in the history of television! Including when NPH hosted the Tony's! Shocking, I know! One hundred and eleven million people tuned in. Turns out these were "iconic football teams" ....
Even I - who lives and breaths college football, just have never really seen the point in football with people you did not go to school with - was into last years game. #1 there was the soap opera of Peyton having to play his hometown team, and if I had to pick a pro team to like it would be the NO Saints, because Neil and I once had so much fun down in New Orleans one Saints homegame Sunday, but I just could not get cheesehead or steeler fever...

But we were all little troopers and were set to pop Fiveish. The pre real food snacks all ready to go. Folks rolled in slowly, then in one great big whoosh, and Dahn finished teaching her very first yoga class and brought a couple of van loads of well toned, if a bit glisteny , ladies to the party.

Hannah and her posse of pre teens knocked out some team themed cupcakes.
Small cubbish guy with one of those dark blue five o'clock shadows that I do like so much ,showed with an assistant, to put out the real food. Both were pretty to look at, but really, lacked in personality. Seen here cooking some small hamburgers in the snow.

asian chicken, fancy mac-n-cheese, bbq beans, and some yummy pork that you cant really see, but was very good. About 6:30 I just got a bee up my butt and went all sullen, not really sure why.....
missed most of the must watch commercials , cause I kept switching over to the puppy bowl!

losing the battle /  winning the war 

I would be amiss if I did not address the over all well... GAYNESS of this whole superbowl adventure. Red meat America, STEELERS v PACKERS... cold , snow, your grandfathers football.... brought to you by : GLEE ! By far the gay-ist show ever to be on broadcast television, and from what I could tell , the whole football game was pregame for a HRC meeting...I didn't watch the post game Glee extravaganza, but could not miss the clips the following day ( we have to pretend to watch.. union rules )...
 Just interesting, that's all, and the vast majority of football fans were either too full or too drunk to get up and change the channel post game, cause the singin' and dancin' high school folk scored some massive numbers as well.....

No comments: