Saturday, February 12, 2011

DOWNTON ABBEY

 Run, don't walk.


Watch the full episode. See more Masterpiece.
Seriously, stop what ever it is you are doing, and go right now and find this show. It is on Netflix " free" or if you have too you can just order it on netflix. I am not sure, BUT, it may be streaming online at PBS.ORG. ( I will find out..) [ YES!! you can watch at least some HERE. ]

O.M.G.


Not since the groundbreaking 1995 BBC/PBS Pride and Prejudice has ANYTHING been this good on tv..... ( yes, Mad Men, SATC, The Wire... etc, I am talking of the Sunday Night, CLASSIC, period drama type thing... let art flow) IF you like this sort of show, then really, give  yourself a mid-winters treat, hot tea, a lovely finger sandwich, warm blanket, and settle in for seven of the BEST hours of television you will watch.

I knew the show was out there, because there has been a ton of internet buzz, and I dropped in one Sunday night, but was smack dab in the middle of the season, and really could not make the players out. So last night, cold, snowy.. I just plopped down and was going to start the series. ( Neil lasted about 10 min.. so, if this is not your " cup of tea"... well, then....) Could not stop watching... 4:00 am and Koda and I were all weepy that it was done till fall of 2012.

and yes, I am 100% a member of the CULT OF MR. BATES. Like I am thinking of going to England and doing some could- result- in -prison-time stalking... that much in love...BUT, it's sort of like when I was in love with Michael Steadman and Josh Lyman... I really want nothing to do with the actors, and they get all pissy when you ask them to stay in character.

No comments: