Monday, May 2, 2011

USA ! USA!! USA!!!



Ding Dong.

Bring on the self important hand wringing with fake MLK quote : " "I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." 

~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
My Favorite Italian dwelling Gay Republicans best friend brings it home on this one : MEGAN McARDLE 

A real quote about Dr. King : ( found by my very wonderful husband ) "‎"There will be times when nations -- acting individually or in concert -- will find the use of force not only necessary but morally justified. I make this statement mindful of what Martin Luther King Jr. said in this same ceremony years ago: 'Violence never brings permanent peace. It solves no social problem: it merely creates new and more complicated ones.'…But as a head of state sworn to protect and defend my nation, I cannot be guided by [King's and Gandhi's] examples alone." Barack Obama accepting the Nobel Peace Prize.

No comments: