Monday, May 2, 2011

THE WEDDING THAT ATE KYLE'S BLOG

I just can't do it.
It is bigger than me.
I am sorry.

Yes, I have been a little bit busy, we had one nice day, and other stuff. I have been writing and writing about the wedding, but it just is not enough! They keep releasing stuff, and I go and go, and there is always more and more. There were just TOO MANY HATS....
 Here is the menu for the sort of stand up reception that The Queen had, right after the wedding, it was what they were doing and eating before during and after they came out for the kisses!
-- Cornish crab salad on lemon blini
-- Pressed duck terrine with fruit chutney
-- Roulade of goats' cheese with caramelised walnuts
-- Assortment of palmiers and cheese straws
-- Scottish smoked salmon rose on beetroot blini
-- Miniature watercress and asparagus Tart
-- Poached asparagus spears with Hollandaise sauce
-- Quails eggs with celery salt
-- Scottish langoustines with lemon mayonnaise pressed confit of pork belly with crayfish and crackling
-- Wild mushroom and celeriac chausson
-- Bubble and squeak with confit shoulder of lamb
-- Grain mustard and honey-glazed chipolatas
-- Smoked haddock fishcake with pea guacamole
-- Miniature Yorkshire pudding with roast fillet of beef and horseradish mousse
-- Gateau opera
-- Blood orange pate de fruit
-- Raspberry financier
-- Rhubarb creme brulee tartlet
-- Passion fruit praline
-- White chocolate ganache truffle
-- Milk chocolate praline with nuts
-- Dark chocolate ganache truffle

ANY ONE OF THESE COULD BE AN ENTIRE POSTING!!!!!  Are you understanding my pain, and cutting me just the smallest bit of slack ? 

I LOVED THE WEDDING! Everything about it, I watched all day long on Friday, Some on Saturday, and was looking for more on Sunday. Even after the BIG BIG NEWS last night , I woke up this morning ... needing to know what  Pippa was doing.

There are wildly different numbers of how many folks watched the wedding, and the acutal number does not really matter it was just nice to feel a part of something much larger. SO MUCH hate out there, which I just do not get, at all. But to each their own. If something like a quarter to a third of the freaking planet was watching, I think the anti wedding folk were just gnats!


Maybe I will post the TOME that I was writing, who knows, I will have to finish it. Or maybe we will just visit an outfit or cake or scene a day, something that is not overwhelming to me. I hope you watched, I hope you enjoyed, I hope you had fun. 
and YES, as I put on the facebook, I thought that Princess Beatrice was one of the top five best dressed at the wedding. Hat and all.

No comments: