Monday, June 27, 2011


I love this theater. Pittsford, NY, you can wear flip flops to the movie, think about that....

The Tree of Life

I have no idea what to say about this movie. I wrote on facebook, my one sentence review : Terrence Malick's TREE OF LIFE : Stanley Kubrick directs a Pat Conroy story, as imagined by David Lynch. 
I've been sitting here in front of the computer tying to put down what I think about his movie. There is no " normal " story. I mean other than the big bang, and the primordial soup that life comes from, dinosaurs , their meteor.. then some snippets of life from a very normal family in the 1950's in Waco, Texas.
I just wrote a long review of this movie... and it made no sense at all.

There is life, lot of death, many injured things. ( dinosaurs, people [ he favors scared children, you KNOW I would pick up on that] dogs, frogs, it goes on and on ) Lots of church, a Conroy-esqe view of maternal perfection and MUCH anger at the father - that you never really understand . Then the grown up child ( Sean Penn ) walks through a door that is standing on some odd salt flat.. and then a lot of people walk around a beach. All is some very stylish rooms.

Someone go see this damn movie so I can talk about it with you.

No comments: