Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Rainy days and Mondays

The weather today was perfect.
(Monday)



The battle over Marriage Equality in the New York Senate rages on. The end of the session is near and both sides ( like there is another side ) are getting angry.
Neil,  Bryan and a car load of Priests all went over today to join in the caterwaul. I knew what the scene would be like, and chose not to go. 
Today was the last scheduled day for this term, so the vote SHOULD have been today, but they always run over.. its New York. They left very early, picking up folks in parking lots all along the thruway... " we got a mighty convoy..."

They lined very narrow halls outside the ornate Senate Lobby that I have shown yall before, just yelling back and forth, "MY Jesus can beat up Your Jesus..". I just cant take this sort of thing anymore, the open animosity. It just seems pointless to me, but I am very glad Neil went, to get a little sanity in this .

 Father Bryan
Neil

 Our cutie patootie local boy and ex Rochester Mayor made good 
Lt.Governor DUFFY, a LONG TIME 
supporter of Marriage Equality
The Senate Chamber with built in ash trays.


Neil said it was just chaos, and it looks it.
A high stakes game of Red Rover.


Beth said in a comment here that I was not being coherent about my thoughts. So, I will try harder. I just do not deal well with flat out open hate. Come on kiddies , think back, like all that  much has changed, Kyle and Confrontation, the road not taken. I left entire Colleges rather than deal with some minor conflict....

Here in New York we are ONE solitary vote away from getting to not talk about this anymore. My Republican Senator has come to the light and is voting yes, only one Democrat is voting no. We are on the razor's edge of full out STATE rights in NEW YORK. Not some hippy dippy college tweedy New England, but The Empire State, The Big Apple, If it can make it here it can make it anywhere, and NOM knows this and is in an all out religious war against....me.

See, most of you will never ever get this. You FULLY sympathise, and we are MOST thankful, seriously,  but for the most part, can not empathise.You are free white and 21, upper middle class , full citizens of the United States with NO ONE gunning for you. No one holds weekly Sunday morning meetings to demonize you, to claim that you will be the ruin of America, saying that you are flat out evil, and that your "family" means nothing.
I am THIN SKINNED, very. I stopped going to Pride here in Rochester, because I hate the megaphone preachers yelling at me. Yes, that means they win, but it just is not worth it. It was different in Atlanta, there were so so many more folk to drown out the haters...


I will never put that festering pile of cow shit on my blog, but watch , and just know what we are going through. We are one vote away, ONE, but this creature could easily still win the battle......So, if I am a little incoherent on this topic, its because it is just too close to home for me, raw emotion, that I just don't deal well with. I do not enjoy WANTING something so desperately, and have no power at all to effect getting it, other than what we and many of our friends here in New York have already done.  This is so not a pity party of a post, really, I am very hopeful and positive that this will pass. Cuomo and Bloomburg are POWERFUL SMART people.. who , as a rule, get their way.

The great THEY are now claiming the vote will be Wednesday.... stay tuned.

If  you are feeling the need for a little more hate in your day, read this breakdown by our good pals over at GOOD AS YOU.
and ANDY on why New York is a BFD.



No comments: