- four cups of chic peas (save the liquid )
- one cup of tahini
- zest of two lemons, juice of three
- garlic ( I used roasted )
- teaspoon-ish Cumin ( more if you really like cumin )
- salt, pepper and hot sauce , to taste
- chuck it all in the food processor, and pour in a quarter cuppish of the pea liquid...
- then while the mixer is going.. add olive oil ( or more pea juice ) till you get the consistency you want.
- I then add a hand full or so of whole chic peas and just pulse for half a min, I like some texture
1 bunch (6 large) scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
2 (16-ounce) bags coleslaw mix
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger (from about a 1-inch piece)
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar (didn't have any , used splenda )
2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil ( only used one, very powerful stuff )
2 teaspoons sesame seeds, optional
1 teaspoon salt
20 grinds black pepper
do not dress to early, 10-15 min before eating... a good alternative to a mayo based cole slaw on a hot day.
thanks to folks for stopping by, and more
photos of Irises to come.