Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Home Made Dog Treats




 Im not really sure at all why I decided to do this. I read this horrible thing about some treats that were made in China - the ones that stay soft for ever - hurting some dogs, but Koda never gets those.

  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup oats (optional if your dog is on a grain free diet, sub an extra 1/4 cup grain free flour)
  • 3 cups whole wheat flour, brown rice flour, or gluten free flour
  • 3 tablespoons of all natural peanut butter
Pre heat to 350º - just mix these all together, it came together pretty easy for me just by hand, but you could use a food processor. Kneed for a bit, then roll out to about a half and inch and cut with cookie cutters. In the oven for 30 - 35 min

At first I just assumed I was getting all these seasonal dog treat recipes in m y searches, but no, it turns out that most of them use canned pumpkin as a binder. The only thing I had to go out and buy was whole wheat flower.

But these could not have been any easier to make and you know for sure what is in them. AND he really seems to like them. They are much more crunchy than any store bought treat .


I made little squirrels as well.

No comments: