Friday, January 2, 2009

The Food



God, but it's good to be Southern!
This is my favorite holiday meal, more so than Thanksgiving or Christmas.
We had:
  • A Sliced Ham
  • Turkey
  • Mary-Wallace ( Beth and Butler's mother )made the black-eyed-peas
  • I made mustard greens and collard greens
  • Mary-Wallace made her famous "Ravishing Rice" that I think I ate the most of, its sort of rice dressing, with sausage and veggies, almonds on top. Been a favorite of mine for years and years
  • plain white rice
  • macaroni and cheese
  • a KILLER eggplant casserole , I think Beth made it, not sure what was in it, but need to find out
  • not sure what that orange cheese covered casserole was, not enough room on my plate for it
  • one of the two bowls on the end of the table is a roasted fruit compote, not sure what the other one was.
  • on the table you can't see was a yummy sweet potato casserole and two kinds of cornbread and rolls

2 comments:

b said...

I put the coconut pound cake, eggplant and apple-cranberry recipes here: http://bday321.wordpress.com/2009/01/02/what-he-said/

b said...

I have had three meals of your leftover mustard greens and Honey Baked Ham. An orgasmic combination. Thank you for bringing the greens -- especially the bonus mustards! They are worthy of some sort of food prize.