Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hooray for Hollywood!

For the first time in years, We have seen all the movies that are nominated for best picture . Saw Frost/Nixon yesterday, to round them all out . ( good, but not as good as the play)  My rankings of them:
  1. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Hope it wins best picture. Really like this movie, it had its flaws ( Forrest Gump II ) but over all, really enjoyed it. AND, I never really understand people who say good movies are too long, I want them to last as long as possible. 
  2. Milk. I know, I know, I should be rootin' for this one to get the gay points, but I just liked TCCOBB better. DO think Sean Penn should get the Oscar for actor
  3. The Reader. You all know how the Hollywood loves this sort of film. But it is very good. Interesting story, Kate is a shoe in for best actress.
  4. Frost/Nixon. Now here I would have stuck DOUBT , but the academy loves Opie/Richie. It is a very good story, we saw the play, and loved it. Not every one's tastes and you will need to know a little bit going in. A Tony winning play , a good movie, I thought it dumbed it down, just a little tiny bit.
  5. Slumdog Millionaire. I am so not on the bandwagon for this movie, which, if things go the way they have been, will win best pic. India is so hot now, you know. I love Bollywood movies. Watch them all the time. Sing, dance, stilted acting, all the things I love! Slumdog just tried to be too many things for me. Sure , it's a good love story, BUT, it's just to dark ....

No comments: