Friday, January 23, 2009

Kyle as Dinosaur


 President Obama gets to keep his blackberry.
I am not a blackberry guy, unless they are in jam or pie. It is my proud flag waving luddite self, rearing its head. I don't even really like the phone, let alone constant connection with the world. BUT, do we really want our President that connected ?
Now lets face it, other than the Chinese peasant picking rice as I type, I am the other side of the color wheel from Barack Obama, so maybe I should not judge, BUT, I hate ( HATE ) chatting with someone as they punch their tiny buttons, and maybe Mr. Obama has not realized it yet, but he has people.
The coin of the realm in Washington DC is access to the Oval Office. Michelle has it, Joe Biden has it, Hillary, ( Hopefully) has it. Valerie Jarret and Reggie Love, a few of the other Chicago set. Rahm Emanuel holds the key to this, that is his job. BUT, can't people  who ever they are ,  now just by-pass the chief of staff and just text away to the President of the United States?
And, this is a much more petty gripe on my part, but , I don't want the POTUS, sitting there going back and forth with Oprah while on the phone with world leaders. Petty? maybe, could just be me being that out of touch with these kids today , and their freaking need to work their thumbs...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you: texting is not my thing.

BUT...there has been an issue in past presidencies where a gatekeeper figure limited access to the president by others with competing points of view. It went on with Reagan and again with Cheney. It would seem that technology like the Blackberry would make that less likely to happen. Then again, that would only be if the president himself actually had the desire to stay on top of things rather than hand them off to someone else, as both Reagan and Bush did.