Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ted Haggard, Jesus, Oprah and the truth.


Reverend ( ex- Reverend ??) Ted Haggard was on the Oprah Show today to talk about an HBO special about him and his family that starts tomorrow night. What a self serving load of poop! Who cares if he is gay? Which he so is... the deal was he was lying to his church and cheating on his wife! I wish I could watch it again, I will check on line and see if it is there.
Cry me a river if the dumb ass crystal meth addict signed a ridiculous Draconian document that all but prevented him from earning a living. None of this has anything to do with him being gay, it has to do with him being a big ole nasty perv of a human being. Lying , cheating, doing crystal .... 
And, and, AND!.. post show , there was a voice over of Oprah saying that Mr Haggard had , in the last few days, been shown to been having sex with another man SINCE all of this happened. " I didn't mention that to you Oprah , out of privacy for the other guy. " This was just skimmed over....
I think it is wonderful that his wife stayed with him, I am all about family and all. BUT , they are both delusional. What they needed to talk about was  the HORRIBLE things that the closet does to gay and lesbians,( including Mr Haggard)  AND the part that he and his religious right cronies have played in this. Self loathing and living a lie are at the heart of this. NO one really cares about what ole Teddy does when his pants are down. People care about what men, in positions of authority - leaders- say and do. He needs a true come to Jesus, with himself!
I hope Ms Winfrey does a follow up to this show, with some feedback.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kyle, I sent Beth a link to a youtube about Ted Haggard, and she said she didn't get it, but I thought it was pretty good. Since I can't post links here, you can find it on youtube by searching for "Ted Haggard is completely heterosexual."