Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dinner (s)

Don't judge us, we are depressed, and needed Guida's
Buffalo Chicken Pizza... this store has the best pizza crust , ever
Last nights dinner, POT ROAST! I am probably the only person left in the country that uses these plastic bags to cook pot roast. I love them, it's so easy. Quarter some smallish onions, peel and chop some carrots, CANNED POTATOES , another secret ingredient. When I was a kid one of my favorite things on the planet were the little roasted potatoes that came with the steam ship round roast at the S&S cafeteria at Lennox. I never got the roast beef, only the little almost mushy , crusty little round potatoes. ( I always got the trout almondine... I think i thought it was French). If you use the little canned white potatoes with this bag and a hunk of meat, you almost get that same mushy, crusty meaty bite from all those years ago. Also six or seven ( or eight, nine or ten) whole cloves of garlic.
Pot Roast, rice, salad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember eating at that place at Lennox Square Mall. I don't, however, remember it being a square.