Friday, November 20, 2009

Dinner


If it's Friday, it must be curry, or is that if it's curry it must be Friday. Tonight is beef.

Onions and mustard seeds, in a little olive, let them go for a while, nice and sweet.
Add Carrots and beef, again, let them go , like 12-15 min on low.
Add Chick Peas, a couple of big cloves of garlic, and a good tablespoon plus of grated fresh ginger, cook a couple of minutes.
Add a large can of tomatoes and ONLY the thick part of a can of coconut milk. Turmeric and Curry Powder , and depending on the heat of your curry powder, some red pepper flakes. If I had a hot chili I would have used it. Since it was beef I had to cook it for a while, half an hour or so, all veggie or chicken , does not need so long.
I am sure that Roja would just keel over at this recipe, because I did just sort of make it up, trial and error, but it is very good.

No comments: