Saturday, November 28, 2009

FOOTBALL FOOTBALL FOOTBALL!



GAME ONE:

South Carolina Gamecocks
v
Clemson Tigers
Kyle, Chip and Rick inside Death Valley, 2000? 2001?

So far this one is all Great Satan. I was rootin' for the Clempsons. The game is in Columbia. I've only been to a football game there once, and am pretty darn happy there are no photos of that night.... Lots of rules in that stadium...
Looks to be a Gamecock BLOWOUT... moving on

GAME TWO :

Tim Tebow
Florida Gators
v
Florida State Seminoles

Not much hype here, cold fusion, Middle East peace, Saint Tebow's last game. I am totally buying into it, even me , proud member of the spanked Bulldawg Nation got a little weapy as Gameday - from Gainesville - was wall to wall Tim. ( but really Tim, third world orphan circumcision for spring break??)

Some sort of odd throw back day and The Boys From Old Florida are wearing these helmets today. Should be fun. I was only in Gainesville one time, ΔΤΔ pledge trip, fall of 1980. Ummm... my overall zeal for life was not really appreciated on that trip. BUT, oddly enough, I very recently re-connected with the great guy I drove down there with ,on the facebook!

The GatorNation responding to Tim Tebow taking the field in a few minutes should register on the Richter scale.

Hebrews 12:1-2 (King James Version)

1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. ( the explanation..)

Damn, but it is hard , HARD to root for these jort wearing, mulleted folks.

End of the third, all Gators:



Bye-Bye TIm.... Hello Halloween Weekend 2010 !


GAME THREE
( The Real One )

UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA BULLDOGS
V
GEORGIA TECH YELLOW JACKETS

Grant Field at Bobby Dodd Stadium, or is it Bobby Dodd Stadium at Grant Field ??

I have had some darn good times here! I don't think I've ever been to a Georgia - Georgia Tech game that we lost here.. I could be wrong, they used to have VERY liberal alcohol policies. Plus, I have been to Tech games that were not UGA games. Jill's parents had fantastic season tickets.
The very first freezing cold college football game I ever went to was here. A couple ON Thanksgiving day. I lived right across the street for a while, and after that just a train ride away. NO TRAFFIC is a godsend!
For years and years they hated us much more than we hated them. We had all those Orange teams to worry about, not those pesky little North Ave. Gnats. Not so much this year with us , well, sucking , and them being the highest ranked one loss team in the country!

GO DAWGS !!!

Seriously, they do this:


My home town looks so pretty at night from the blimp!

WE WIN 30-24 ......SEC RULES!

I love these days. I am plugged in for 13 straight hours..... get the countdown clock set:
September 4, 2010 !
The Ragin' Cajuns of Louisiana at Lafayette.

No comments: