Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2010 White House Governor's Ball




Was held this past Sunday night, and thanks to those stupid stupid gatecrashers, there are very few pics and such coming out of it, but a slow trickle. No views of the Governors and spouses arriving or a picture of Michelle's dress, that I have found .

The Menu

French Onion Soup with Croutons
Rib Eye Roast with Shrimp Scampi
Roasted Potatoes, Carrots and Mushroom Caps
Seven Layer Salad
Baked Alaska
I just love it, very retro, very snowy winters night in Washington DC. The ghost of Mamie would have been pleased.

The Place Settings

Service Plate : Clinton State China
King Charles Silver flatware
Cream Soup Cup and Saucer : Johnson State China ( a favorite of mine)
FDR State Glassware

hmmmm.. I may not be crazy about that print table cloth, but everyone knows my issue with busy print table cloths, I do what I can. Do love the reds and purples in the center piece with the gold.

Michelle

Looks stunning! no idea of who or what the dress looked like, but will be diligent in finding out this very important fact.

No comments: