Saturday, February 13, 2010

Old age is not for sissies....

Or remakes of slightly iconic 80's guilt ballads.
OK, this version is no where near as SUCKY as the short version that was shown during the Olympics tonight.



Lets watch it together, and I will show my un-hipness by letting you know how many of today's " stars" I am clueless about:
  • some kid doing a Peter Brady impersonation ?
  • Jennifer Hudson, who looks FANTASTIC and .. I don't have a clue, but do like her voice
  • The Girl from Sugarland.. I think she lives in Atlanta...
  • that Josh Groban guy..... takes himself a bit seriously.. but you know, I'm not singing with Barbra, so wtf do I know....
  • Tony Bennet!
  • Mary J!
  • eeeek a Ghost, but damn Diana Ross looks GOOD!
  • HRH... and seriously, I read this somewhere the morning after the recording , that this took her like 100 takes ... Ms Barbra has some control issues...
  • richest person in Hollywood...Miss Cyrus if you are nasty...
  • Julio Jr.. smokin' body...
  • Wycliff Jean and the Dan Arkroyd of this version...
  • not a clue
  • PINK!
  • not a clue
  • eeeek!
  • This is Usher, right ?
  • Celine... the French Canadian Cyndi Lauper
  • Fergie
  • some chick with long hair
  • GLADYS!
  • Randy Jackson, really?
  • oh, I do know this one, but its late....ummmm.. it will come to me, she lives in ATL too....
  • clueless...
  • did I just see the HEART SISTERS!??
  • and the rap inset.... well, ll can do NO wrong.. so , it's fine...
  • Kanye.. zzzzzzzz
  • I do like me some Will I. Am... but it's an Obama thing..
Ok.. not as bad as I thought... here is the original, for the longest time this was NOT on the youtube.. but I guess it's back:


What the hell was Bette thinking?? that was NOT a good look for her.. the rest is just a PERFECT time capsule.. all Kim Carnsy and Huey Lewis...
Now, the ORIGINAL ORIGINAL, tell me why I don't like Mondays:



( test your new wave knowledge, how many of these can you still name?? )

No comments: