Saturday, February 13, 2010

Spring Awakening


I don't do sadness.



I have been wanting to see this show since forever!
I think we were in NYC once while it was still playing and it came down to this or Ms. Lupone in GYPSY..... the gay gene kicked in and Mama Rose won.
THEN last year on my birthday this same road show was playing in Toronto, easy drive over.. BUT, in February they changed the rules and you had to have a passport, which I do not have , so no Spring Awaking, on the last day of Winter.
At long last! Today Dahn and Lazarus David took us with them to see it .
I downloaded the soundtrack years and years ago, but nothing like seeing it live, even with out the then unknown GLEE actress. ( and you know if I post that , I have to post THIS )
Many thanks to our good friends for inviting us!


This is such a wonderful, fresh, complex musical. Really too much to explain. Let's just say teenage angst is nothing new. Very cool set, every part is cast very well, just a very nice time at the theater. Just know that this one is NOT for the kiddies...
Here is the link to the Official Tour Site, do yourself a real favor and go see this one if it comes to your town.



Something is wrong with my camera.. so not many , well, any, good pics.

No comments: