Saturday, December 18, 2010

This is the day, your life will surely change


I slept till 9:30, so I just got to the party on c-span 2. But it is  happening, right now, as we type....Live broadcasting of Brown v Board - 2010.
A little live blogging here, It will not make much sense to  you at all , if you are not watching along with me. AND YOU SHOULD BE..  pop some corn and gather the kiddies, this is history folks....

( I will be updating this post, all day long, so check back in )
  • Lindsey is in a snit... whaa... whaa.... 
  • JUST picked up Senator Webb
  • bottom line : Saxby Chambliss is a sack of rotten horse shit. Wait.. he just threatened the full Senate ?? You will still be in the MINORITY in the next Congress, you idiot. " and monkeys may fly out of your ass "....Seriously, someone is going to have to do some fact checking on what this ass wipe just said .... we will come back to him.
  • and Joe Lieberman , I, gets the gay vote in Conn....
The Dream Act is being voted on as well today, Senator Feinstein speaking on both now... I don't think I have spoken on the Dream Act , at all, but it just seems like such a total no brainer to me. BUT, you know the same gay haters in the GOP, also hate the brown folks....
  • The Mountain of Intellect that is Joh Kyl is up now, only dealing with Dream, is the repeal of DADT just a done deal in their minds ? ( and he is equating Dream with the death of a border guard this week...... ?? )
  • MY SENATOR! Kirsten Gillibrand is a wonderful public servant, and we love her...and Chuck
  • and now John McCain, and his depends moment. Gnashing his teeth over the fact they are doing this in lame duck  : WHEN THE GOP IMPEACHED BILL CLINTON IN A LAME DUCK SESSION..I want a new process in the US Senate, 5 or 6  computer whizes with google, and WHEN a Senator tells an out right lie a game show buzzer goes off. HOLY CRAP... yes, latte sipping Harvard grads want dead soldiers.. John McCain is NOT a good American.
We have totally drifted off into Dream Act only, so ... that is a good thing, out with a whimper, not a bang ?

  • Mitch McConnell is an embarrassment to Kentucky, the United States of America and as a human being. 
  • Harry Reid sort of phoned in his DADT speech.. but I am thinking that is fine, cause ITS GOING TO HAPPEN, and really, he owes his last victory to Latino Nevadians, so we can see why....
Voting on Dream Act now... it's been so long since I have seen a Senate vote!

11:28
I have not even made coffee OR more importantly, taken Koda out yet.. but he is still exhausted after his party yesterday.
11:36
THEY ARE VOTING...
    63-33
    WE WIN
    and I have to take Koda out...... more to come...

    1:00
    Koda had his romp out in the park and I am fully caffeinated.

    So, this is what winning feels like. Am I wrong in thinking that this is the very first  " stand alone " pro lgbt bill to get passed in Congress? I was chatting with Neil as he waited on his train to come home and he thought maybe the Matthew Shepard Act., but that was an overall federal hate crimes bill, that just had sexual orientation in it. I will do some research on this, but I think I am right....
    When it rains it pours : It now looks like final passage of the bill will be at 3:00 TODAY.... man o man!
      3:26
      Took Koda for a nice walk and started getting ready to head South. Neil is lost somewhere in the wilds of Utica, waiting to go fetch him. Final vote. Come on.. FINAL VOTE. So, so , so much in house bickering on the facebook and blogs, " NO , I DID MORE WORK " , blah, blah, blah. Just going to be all in with anger , out with love.

      65 -31
      It's done, and it's over
      There is enough joy for everyone, you call all be heros. This is the end of this post, I'll come back in another one, there is just a lot going on today...

        1 comment:

        GrammyM said...

        I am delighted!!!!!!! You and Neil are always in my thoughts when these momentous actions take place. Loving thoughts to you and Neil!!!!