Sunday, September 7, 2008

New Orleans: Food






Adofo's ( I don't think I can link to this one.. it was a little bit of a wonderful hole in the wall)
Dinner on day two was every bit as good as day one, I am thinking it's a good thing that I don't live full time in this city. MUCH easier to NOT eat garbage plates in Rochester. We went with our delightful hosts here at the Sunburst Inn, Glen and Darrell. This is a restaurant that they go to all the time, trust me on this on, tourists would not find this one. It is upstairs over a dive bar.
The food is fantastic. We started off with mussels and snails for the table. garlic, garlic and then some more garlic! No vampires in Marigny tonight!
I had "fish Melissa" which tonight was snapper, tomorrow night, who knows, big side of snapper in a light cream sauce with crab, shrimp and crawfish. yummy! Darrel and Neil had veal ocean.. which was a lot like mine, but I think with out the crab. Glen had veal with garlic and spinach.
OK , seriously, this was a place that if you did not know it was there you could not find with a map..and tonight we had a star spotting! Yes, Hank Williams , Jr. came in and set at the table next to us. He is very big and looks a little bit scary. He kept his large black hat and sunglasses on.
Tomorrow is going to be all about salads and walking....

No comments: