Saturday, September 6, 2008

New Orleans: Lodging






Sunburst Inn.
What a gem! I had never stayed in a bed and breakfast before, other than one time 100 years ago when Amy ran one on Ameila Island, but she made us mop and do the dishes, so it was not all that much fun. I was a little bit apprehensive, , not really knowing the set up. Neil had stayed here before, he just found it on the web It is very very nice. Super clean, very comfortable, great big bed, great napping sofa. Big very clean bathroom. Big TV, stereo, a couple of writing desks.
The guys who own it live in the back, but you would never know it, ( they do have wonderful dog!) They seem like really nice guys,I hope we get to spend some time with them. I'll post more pics of the rest of the place when we are with them and I can take some.
The ceilings must be at least 15 feet tall, the tallest in a private home I had ever seen. The windows are 12 feet, all on weights, with huge old working shutters. Its just a very southern, very classically romantic place to stay. So, so much better than some sterile hotel. Neil made a wonderful choice.

No comments: