Tuesday, September 9, 2008

New Orleans: ghost town






I went for a nice long walk this morning, from here in the Marigny all the over Canal Street, way downtown. What can I say, I like heat. I had a blast just walking around, but the city was surprisingly empty. It was a Wednesday morning in the French Quarter, but I think a lot of people just didn't come back from the last evacuation until they found out if that next storm was coming. So many people here are just beyond fried by the last few months and years, but they are a most hearty lot. And they do drink an awful lot.
When I got back, Neil and I went back to the little market/restaurant Schiro's, where we ran into two guys that we knew. We are more popular here than we are in the Finger Lakes! I had my second Fried Oyster Po' Boy, and I may go back tomorrow!

No comments: