Thursday, December 11, 2008

Birthday Dinner






We were the only guests in the Inn, so there for the only diners in the restaurant . We got great service! 
  • First course was a really yummy shrimp cocktail. They must have been U-10 shrimp. Cooked perfectly, a lovely starter.
  • Second was a Duck Confit Spring Roll, served with an apple or pear chutney, very tasty vinegar based sauce.
  • Main for me was a New York Strip. I know, I never get steak, but.... I did not want lamb, was not in the mood for the Tuna or the Salmon. I was on my way to getting what sounded like a very tasty  Chicken with apple stuffing. BUT, I eat chicken all the time SO, the steak it was. It was a very good steak, mashed pot and asparagus.
  • Main for Neil , the BDB, was the classic Surf -n- Turf! The Filet to which he added the roasted Lobster Tail. He loved it.
  • Dessert for me was creme brulee, Neil went with the pumpkin cheesecake
  • Two Safire Martinis and a bottle of wine! ( Neil was Lemon Drops and the wine)

No comments: