Sunday, December 14, 2008

Movie Two


oh my.... Break out the razzies!
I pretty much like all movies, its true. Ill go see almost anything. I love when the lights first go down, I love the squeak of a straw in the lid of a paper cup, the sound of group munching buttery topping topped popcorn. I love going to the movies. Not so much today...
I can not think of a first run, big money, non art house movie that I have ever thought was as bad as this one. Just sloppy.... sort of did not make sense, the effects were nothing special, Keanu was doing some sort of very odd wooden, sort of Starman thing, I just did not get it. Will and Jada's little boy is the " cute kid " in the film.... ummm, Miss Jada KNOWS that she is red carpet royalty and Will is walking money, so with NO ill will towards them what so ever.. this kid sooo needed to be eaten by the monster . True, I feel this way about most kids, but this one was just over the top snarky...I am saying that a movie that has Jon Hamm AND Kyle Chandler sucked. Let's think about this, I would pay good money to watch either of those men read the phone book, their GOOD LOOKS are wasted on this bad bad bad movie.
Please save your money on this one.
We left the movie and went next door to Target to see if we could by the original 1951 version of the film. It was there, we came home and watched it. SO much better! There was a Story! Bud from Father Knows Best was the kid in this one, he was just fine, in a squeeky clean 1951 way. They should have just remade this film! OK , the robot may have been a little bit more cool in the second, BUT, he was more scary in the 1951 one. 
What were these people thinking?

No comments: