Wednesday, December 31, 2008

COLLARDS!


Money, money, money!
The Publix up here did not have the packaged pre washed collards, so I had to do all the work. Fine, its fun, tradition and all. Three big bundles. I cook mine with bacon, other people use all sorts of meat, but the guy at the ONE WAY bbq in East Point, which had very good collards, used bacon, that is where I got it from. Onion, I used one sweet and one big normal white, some jalapeno, not too much, a little garlic. I had a yellow bell pepper so I just cut it up and tossed it in the pot.( many, will I am sure, complain about this, but I am just that daring of a guy!)and then chicken stock, some use water, i went the chicken stock route.

Bacon, Onion, Garlic.. all cooking away, the house smelled out of this world!


big ole sink full of chopped collards!
THIS MANY COLLARDS:

Becomes THIS many Collards:
HAPPY NEW YEAR , YALL!

1 comment:

b said...

yum. We'll ration them first round if we need to so everyone has a prosperous 2009.