Tuesday, February 24, 2009

If it's Tuesday, I must be fat.....deux





Mea Culpa on the absence of red carpet blogging. I know as the go - to homo for some of you, it is my job, but... this is what had happened: Dahn and I were going to sip Champagne and do shots of Lemoncello when anyone said they were wearing Elie Saab , which LOTS of ladies did at the Golden Globes and other shows. We figured we could ease our way into a nice safe buzz for Hugh Jackman. Well, no one that was asked WAS wearing Elie Saab, SO, we decided to take a shot any time anyone said: "Who are you wearing......." Things went a little down hill from there, OR uphill, just depends on your point of view. A day and  an exorcist, some laser tattoo removal and a chiropractor later, ALL IS WELL.
Now it turns out that MY personal best dressed of the night, WAS wearing Elie Saab, which at the time, I did not know. Perfection, and Brad Pitt as accessory:

This is perfection that only comes with BIG time star and confidence, being double nominees does not hurt either. Clean , timeless, " fad-less" EXPENSIVE, again: perfect. Others I liked were , ( duh!) S.J.P. , in what was.. well, pure S.J.P. ( and Matthew makes a wonderful accessory too!)

Some of the fashions were tilting just a hair too bridal for me, not red carpety enough, and as always fit and age appropriateness was an issue. This is what I mean, Meryl looks fantastic, its the fit and what is right for her, as the Queen of all that is good to wear.  She hit it out of the park. All the shows talk about the fireworks gowns, and that is what the red carpet is about, but, this is what looks good!
Others I liked were Tina Fey ( a surprise hit) , Diane Lane ( who ALWAYS gets it right), Taraji Henson, a fashionesta to be on the look out for? beautiful, fashion forward dress, perfect fit, and Natalie Portman, for dressing what she is , a YOUNG beautiful woman ( color, fit ......)
The worsts were the normal crowd of billionaire wannabes. Really, Miley and Beyonce... listen to someone OTHER than your mothers... get more gay friends. You need help.. there must be a 12 step somewhere... start looking in Chelsea or Weho.....

2 comments:

GrammyM said...

You are off the hook! Seeing me on your blog makes up for the fact that after I went to the effort to get my computer plugged in in the den you did not blog during the oscars. What a disappointment! And I watched the whole thing! BJ is dancing all over heaven - she knows this is the first time EVER that I've watched the whole thing. I'm just sayin'.

Neil Houghton said...

OHHHHHH sure... ignore MY FAVORITE. And is there any champagne left in upstate NY?