Thursday, August 6, 2009

Give me REM-AGE or give me:

The things one can find on the internets:



1983-10-03 ATHENS, GA

Venue: Legion Field
Country: USA

Playlist

01. Moral Kiosk
02. Letter Never Sent
03. Camera
04. Pilgrimage
05. Seven Chinese Bros.
06. Talk About The Passion
07. So. Central Rain (I'm Sorry)
08. Sitting Still
09. Harborcoat
10. Catapult
11. Gardening At Night
12. 9-9
13. West Of The Fields
14. Second Guessing
15. Radio Free Europe
Encore #1
16. Wolves, Lower
17. Crazy
18. All The Right Friends
19. Little America
20. 1,000,000
Encore #2
21. Shaking Through
22. Perfect Circle
23. Pretty Persuasion
24. 20th Century Boy
25. Pale Blue Eyes
26. Carnival Of Sorts (Boxcars)

Guests
Paul "Crumpy" Edwards as Guest Musician
Vanessa Briscoe as Guest Musician
Notes
Joined on stage by Matthew Sweet for "Pale Blue Eyes", Vanessa Briscoe for "Crazy" and Paul Edwards for "Perfect Circle". So. Central Rain is played live for the very first time live.

recording available

RECORDING AVAILABLE? where, how.. and who on the planet was sober enough that night to record the damn thing. I THINK , this is the second one ,because I found something else online that was talking about an 82 show at Legion Field that Jason and the Scorchers opened for. This same site says there are PICTURES available, but you have to join the darn thing, which I think I did, but they wont activate me. SO! there could be a pic out there of Kyle, Celia and Bill McMillian on top of someones cooler, dancing our YOUNG asses off....

WERE THERE THREE OF THESE CONCERTS?  I would have sworn there were only two, but look at this poster! Which claims to be April 22 , 1985.. I thought 82 sounded way to early for that. Sometimes I wish I had not left quite so many brian cells back on Courtney Drive..... 



The very famous David Letterman performance, where Michael is to shy to talk. The date is 10-6-83. Seriously , you are getting old when things get all mixed up in the past...

No comments: