Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Moxie.. or not


I ... and I know this may come as a surprise to some casual readers of the k+b, but, I can be a tad rigid in my thought. For example : I do not care for , nor do I eat deviled eggs. BUT, I make them , all the time, drop a hat and I am placing eggs in water and chopping onions. It is just what is done. This rigidity can lead me to be ... a little dismissive of opposing points of view. I tend to see people who disagree with me politically as a little less than human, I believe  the term " pond scum" has been tossed around, I am sure with too much ease. Forgive me.

That said, elections have consequences . We won, they lost, end of discussion.


Hands are wringing all over Washington DC , cloths ripped and the mirrors are all but covered as the mean girls of the House and Senate go  all over the country saying nasty things about the President. Health care reform is dead. Woe is us. 
"Why don't they like us?"
" Why won't they join us in singing Kum-bah-ya" 

The inmates are completely running the asylum over at the GOP, they have just flown so far off into right wing crazy land that they have become caricatures of caricatures. "He is a Kenyan born Nazi" yells the man with the freaking Uzi strapped to his back. The President smiles and goes on to yet another campaign event.....  

Enter Congressman Barney Frank:




AT LONG LAST! My very first reaction was a totally sexist , very MAD MEN like response of " COME ON , Mr. PRESIDENT , Grow a set like Barney!" But, I really am trying to temper my remarks.. ( even though I did just type it..) .

Barack, Nancy and Harry need to just ram this through. Screw every Southern white Republican there is. Who gives a flying fuck what some Jeff Sessions or any of their Fox Overlords think . WE elected you to do this. Come back from flying all over the Nation - feeling the love, and do the hard LBJ arm twisting that needs to be done. If you can not do it on your own, tell Senators Snow and Collins that you will park Michele with Sasha and Mallia in hand squarely in downtown Freeport for the duration of your term and make sure that they are not reelected. You are from Chicago.. you should know a little bit about playing hard ball politics. I do not care if one Republican votes for this...  at all.

CALL THE CRAZIES CRAZY. Take them on... come on , you beat the Clintons.. do you really think that Dancing Tom and Dickless Army can do you any harm? If doing this causes you to loose next time, SO BE IT... if it tosses Congress back to the GOP in the mid-terms, so be it. WE are in charge now. RIGHT NOW... today. Hard core, way way left LIBERALS , be the nightmare that they already think you are. 

Hopefully this headline from the NYT means that you are coming around on this.

Democrats Seem Set to Go It Alone on a Health Bill



No comments: