Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Live Blogging the State of the Union.


Sure you could just watch, but who else is going to tell you about Dr. Jill Biden's lovely periwinkle suit? Not sure of the maker, a lovely ruffle... fashion forward. Speaking of which I swear the Speaker has worn that outfit like 25 times. I am all for tighten that belt inside the beltway, but come on Madam Speaker. Now the pearls are real... and often copied, "11-14mm Nancy Pelosi Tahitian & Gold multicolor Pearl Necklace."


  • Why was there no booing for the Supreme Court??
  • The First Lady was just seated. She does love that high waist, but a beautiful color,aubergine. Not really as formal as it should be, but that is her style and I am just dealing with it. She is having a very good hair night.
  • this part of the event always sort of cracks me up.. everyone coming into the chamber, acting as if they have not seen each other since last years Ole Miss game.. " HEY THERE! "
  • Lots of red suits on congresswomen...some yellow...
and so it starts:
  • clap, clap, clap clap - round one.
  • he winked at Michelle....
  • Speaker Pelosi introduces him, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap - round two. ( thank you very much...)
9:11 NOW, we get down to it:
  • 220 years of SOTU's
  • "Things are bad.. I know....."
  • " can't we just all get along....."
  • ok, this might be a little bit ugly, but at 9:16.. this sounds like an All State Insurance add
  • 9:17: " I am hopeful" FIRST applause line....
  • 9:17, still... second applause line " we deserve a decent govt" ???
  • 9:18 " we all hated the bank bail out" third applause line...
  • well now we are just clapping fools,over sticking it to the banks...
  • uh -oh.. we are standing up to sticking it to the banks...
  • WE CUT TAXES.. and milks the crowd, pretty funny...
  • 9:22 , and we saved jobs... THANK GOODNESS he is sticking up for the stimulus bill!!! GOP sits on it's collective small hands.
  • Jobs are our focus in 2010... everybody into the pool! Even king oompah loopah stood and clapped
  • hey, repealing capital gains on small business owners, where have we heard that before?
  • Nancy is on her feet ! Jobs! jobs! jobs!
  • No second place for America! Rah! Rah...
I am sounding a little jaded ....
  • 9:34.. he will veto a bank bill that does not go far enough....
  • DRILL BABY DRILL.. yeah, that will get them on their feet.... ( really....)
  • Jeff Sessions looks like a gnome
  • 9:37 Clean Energy is good.. on our feet!
  • 9:39... I'm a little lost with the trade talk....
  • zip, bang.. moving right along to education.. I feel an introduction coming on
  • 9:42 College is good
  • 9:43.. I swear, he whispered HEALTH CARE REFORM.. or did he say Insurance reform.. .and I am not even drinking along with Joe...
  • MICHELLE: no fat kids! ( everybody stand)
  • He is not backing away... " I will not walk away from these ( uninsured) Americans!". Let's hope he will stand by this. Gauntlet is thrown down to the GOP to come up with something , or get out of the way.. 3/4 of an hour, I am getting into it....
  • 9:50 well, you KNOW I love a little Bush whacking.....
  • 9:52 THE FREEZE.... ( pander, pander, pander... again, jaded...)
  • 9:55 AT LAST! a little GOP bitch slap: He is very much warming me up....
  • 9:57 AND TAKES ON THE SCOTUS! THANK YOU MR PRESIDENT!!!!!!
  • and right back into the rabbit hole, really, President McCain... earmark reform ??? ( pander)
  • " If you lose I win.." I LOVE THIS!! Take them on Mr. President! He is moving fast and furious now, I can't keep up on here.. but I love what he is saying right now, I'll write in depth later on.
  • DEMOCRATS : DO NOT RUN FOR THE HILLS! and a big ass swipe at the GOP leadership!
He is so so at ease... his good natured-ness is working WELL tonight!
  • 10:05 First mention of either war... wow.
  • 10:07...... is this going to be it???.. not yet
  • 10:08 no nukes.. the GOP hates that...
  • 10:10 Iran is bad.
  • 10:11... everyone claps for Haiti...
  • America must always stand on the side of human dignity and freedom.....
  • 10:14 HE SAID IT! ( video to come)
  • 10:20 : " We don't quit. I don't quit"
  • 10:21 GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Let me let it all sink in... but in the full blush afterglow of the speech:
The Kool Aid has been re-drank!

2 comments:

b said...

Kyle, that was just great. I'm only now sitting down to Google up the speech -- but why bother, after that? Actually, you've whetted my appetite.

GrammyM said...

Wish I had been following your blog while I watched the speech. I should have known better! Loved your blog - but then that isn't new.