Friday, January 15, 2010

pushing elephants up the stairs......

A tiny bit of a blogging break the last couple of days, just because all the news just sort of weighed me down. Too much, took a little while to just digest it all.
Our intense cold snap has come to an end for now, hopefully in the deep deep South as well. Like I said, there were a couple of days when it was colder in Georgia and the panhandle of Florida than it was here in Mendon. Thaw for the oranges is a good thing, thaw up here means some very muddy Koda paws.
I am back to wearing two matching shoes and getting around at like 90%, a good thing. Neil is still out of town, so I can't give yall a nose update till late Sunday night.

Downtown Mendon, New York.. 12;30 ish, Friday afternoon....
Koda doing a little not freezing surfing on his way to see his bff Toebie....
Boys will be boys..... ( as long as the door is not closed...)
Meat and two, for one, for supper! Six dollars for a good amount of food.
I love this stuff, I've written about it before, Acorn Squash and Spinach... yummy!
So, I'm in Dahn's Wegmans, getting my meat and two and a few other things, when I find myself humming along with the muzak.....
Nothing like a little obscure R.E.M. to get your Friday night off to a good start. AND! as I was singing along , this kiddie book was at eye level.... I was a gargoyle.

3 comments:

Lovewell said...

Oh my god--that is SO demonic.

b said...

I *love that song. Almost as much as I *love that video. And you know what, I must have it around here, if it is an REM song, but I don't know it. And I've certainly never seen the video.

Isn't it odd that . . . Michael is so fit and beautiful and just good. Pete Buck (and we all know how madly in love I was with him) is just a caricature. And Mike Mills? He is blissfully, supremely unchanged, preserved in amber, the coolest of them all. Who would've thunkit?

I need more REMmage in my life. Haven't listened to it in ages. Must remedy that immediately.

Jeff said...

You got it going on on....pics of Koda, downtown Mendon (with a bar inside a house, on left of pic).....pictures of food and REM to boot....