Saturday, January 2, 2010

OK, so New Year's Day got MUCH better....

The annual Day-Lawson New years day extravaganza. The most wonderful time of the year. Just like always people , mostly kids, came and went, so not sure of how many people. But I would guess 40+

Koda went to the party, and this was the only pic of him that ended up on my camera.
The grown up table
Kyle and Cubby the wonderdog
Jimbo, Jane and Kyle.
Susan and Jimbo


THE FOOD

Ya'll know this is my favorite meal of the year. I think it was mostly Beth and Lyta, with help form many others did a wonderful job. This was a LOT of work. Started off with your required Ham, Collard Greens, Rice and Black Eyed Peas.
Ravishing Rice, (Kyle's favorite) Sweet Potatoes, roasted Cauliflower and home made bread and butter

The other table: Two pans of Mac and Cheese, Susan's jalapeno cornbread, brussel sprouts, some DAMN good Creamed Spinach that Lyta made and some over the top yummy eggplant that I think Beth made.
Happy New Year to Kyle, after the day I had I needed this!


DAN'S WORLD

" I am the king of all I see"... with Cubby the Wonder Dog
The rotating members of Dan's World
bye bye Timmy... AND Jane did not believe that he did Ecuadorian Orphan Circumcisions last spring break. Not really much of a game....

Kyle and a real live barko lounger.... THIS was some serious comfort...
A very nice evening was had by all.


m

3 comments:

GrammyM said...

You guys have way toooo much fun. I think I'm jealous! I love you anyway!

Jeff said...

Thanks for putting up all the pictures. It looked like there was a lot of fun had by all. Dan's got it going on downstairs in the man cave (I sat in that same lounger, watching GA play A&M.....very nice). Beth sat behind Dan and his couch with her laptop (and when Dan needed a youtube clip, he would just tell Beth and she would bring it up for us to see). Beth is a great host.

b said...

Thanks for the food pics. I had good intentions of posting recipes but am just digitally lost right now.

I love that the "funky tastin stuff" eggplant casserole has sort of a halo around it.

Loved meeting Koda. He is so soft and friendly.