Thursday, September 23, 2010

PAL JOEY


I do not know Joe Jervis.

We talked on the phone twice, a couple of years back, and Neil once went to Bear Hill with him one pretty Sunday afternoon while he was in NYC . But he and I have never met. Welcome to 2010, where you can feel like you have day long , in depth, meaningful conversations with guys you do not know. I must check J.M.G. at least 10+ times a day, and he and I chat on facebook some. I know ALL sorts of things about him, and if he ever slums it and reads the k+b he knows lots about me. Funny, that's all.

JOE AND SAXBY

Ok, so due to my travels this is now old news. It's a 24 hour news cycle, and five minutes ago is too too late. I am just sort of going to be a clearing house for any that either A) don't know the story, or B) did not follow it closely.
The Senate is voting, making the gays second class citizens , and Joe is sitting there doing a little East Coast live blogging. "Ping", a comment pops up on JMG: " ALL FAGGOTS MUST DIE"- types Jimmy. Now, we have talked about this before folks, there is NO such thing as privacy anymore. You are leaving a easily followed trail behind you, everywhere you go. Just man up and deal with it. Joe takes the ip address of Jimmy and asks his readers to find the weasel. Done and Done. Heck, I can do that here on the k+b and I am only one step above a rock when it comes to computer knowledge.
Five minutes into the search Joe's little army of " tech bears" had a google earth of where the comment came from. BUT, both of Georgia's GOP Senators are in the same geographic area. Chambliss has come out and admitted that it came from his office. " Texas has a whore house in it" , and there folks that hate gays working for Senator Chambliss. SHOCK!
My pal Joe becomes a media darling for an afternoon and the true face of the GOP is shown for the world too see. I am not sure how far the story will go, will Jimmy lose his job? Will the Senator issue an apology? I mean come on , just change a couple of letters and you are back with Lester Maddox. I do love the fact that the FOX news website has no issue with printing FAGGOT, the AJC will not " All [gays] must die" , says the AJC.
Glad that this guy has been found out, but it won't be a hill of beans in Georgia, Senator Chambliss is up for re-election this November, and this will be a blip. Some homo in New York City getting all worked up will get votes for him. I think I wrote about how OPENLY anti gay the GOP Governors primary became in Georgia. Kyle is sometimes ( SOMETIMES) a realist.
Also very happy for Mr. Jervis to be getting some good press. He is such a smart guy and a great voice for LGBT America. Coming soon J.M.G. the Movie! Now, about his obsession with early 80's dance tracks.....

I'm sitting here reading readers comments in the AJC, and have to ask myself why?

"This “investigation” ( of who made the comment ) smacks of religious persecution. Whoever made the comment was just paraphrasing the Holy scripture: “If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.” (Leviticus 20:13) Our laws should reflect God’s law, right? This is a Christian nation after all."
NOT being IRONIC folks..... moving on.....

Some of the JMG posts for more reading, if you want.
Good coverage from the Boston Edge.

No comments: