Sunday, June 14, 2009

Apple Broccoli Cole Slaw



Just for you Anonymous, because you KNOW how special I think you are....
This is a very Miss Sandra Lee type side dish.

  • Two Granny Smith Apples, cubed.. one if its a big apple
  • One bag of Wegmans RAINBOW SALAD, which is : Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots, Red Cabbage, all cut into match sticks. I'm sure other chains have something like this. I sometimes just buy it to put in regular tossed salad. The bag costs like 1.99, but if you had to buy the veggies and cut it yourself, a) you would have A LOT OF SALAD, and b) it could get a little pricey.
  • thin sliced vidalia onion
  • Walden Farms Cole Slaw dressing. " No Calories, No Fat, NO Gluten, no Sugar of any kind" If you are working the healthy eating thing and are not using this company's products you are missing out. It is not all a success, the blue cheese just makes you want Marie's Blue Cheese, but the ranch and honey mustard are really , just fine. This cole slaw dressing is very good as well, because I do not like really sweet cole slaw, and this is not. 
Just mix everything together... I know it's kind of cheating and all, BUT, its a very healthy way to do a nice summer salad.

2 comments:

b said...

Thanks. I was going to ask for this when I saw it on your plate yesterday. I have been putting broccoli slaw in tossed salads, too. Not sure if ours has cauliflower.

Anonymous said...

danka