Tuesday, June 30, 2009

We like you, we really like you....




OK , right off the bat, lets deal with the big pink elephant in the room: 



How brave was Michele to wear this belt, that high, in a room half full of gay men....Yeah, I know, they were there being all " I am a serious gay man, here for my civil rights..." but, I promise you, even the MOST full time, straight up gay Army guy there was going: " Damn girl... its called a natural waist...."

SO, the Homo-glitterati gathered in the East Room yesterday... #1) SHOCKING that the gays even made it there that early.. It was like 4:00 pm. Sure the Lesbians were all there at 3:30.. but my people were just finishing up lunch. 

#2) What exactly is a "LGBT Leader", and who decides? Did I just not get the invite to the meeting where we picked out leaders ? Here is the FULL GUEST LIST. It is a little bit confusing , because, I guess everyone on this list also got to bring a guest or two. Three people on my facebook pal list were there. NOT people I know, not tooting my own horn or anything.. just some gay activist that I have chatted with on facebook .. they all three have LOTS of friends. ( They are all in the TERRIFIC DADT movie: ASK NOT )

Gene Robinson but not Susan Russell, Christine Quinn but not Danny O'Donnell, Elizabeth Birch but not Andrew Sullivan. Just asking questions... 

The President.

"But I say this: We have made progress and we will make more. And I want you to know that I expect and hope to be judged not by words, not by promises I've made, but by the promises that my administration keeps. And by the time you receive -- (applause.) We've been in office six months now. I suspect that by the time this administration is over, I think you guys will have pretty good feelings about the Obama administration. (Applause.)"

HERE is the full text, and of course its perfect. It is what he does. I think it worked. I think the last couple of weeks post DOMA briefing really woke up the White House. Stop rolling your eyes Dr. Tinkler. What exact choice do we have? If the President of the United States stands up in front of a crowd of , albeit , hand picked GLBT folk, and PROMISES to do the right thing, why not believe him?

Kyle+blog dream boat of the quarter, Lt. Col. Victor Fehrenbach was there as a guest. His take here , from last nights Rachel Maddow Show ( sans Rachel..) 




Lt.Col. Fehrenbach : " He {President Obama} looked me right in the eye and said " We are going to get this done" - Meaning that we will get rid of don't ask don't tell.

I believe the President is an honorable man.. and I take him as his word. 

Hope - and hard work.. none of this Island of Misfit Toys shit... we are going to take this to the Lawn!

( not at all sure about this poster.... ......)

1 comment:

b said...

I wanna go to DC in Oct. Are y'all going?