Saturday, October 10, 2009

President Barack Obama's address to the Human Rights Campaign




Live on CNN, and just for fun, as we wait to go to to Washington... a little k+b live blogging:


Do I look all activisty? ( or just sort of quickly fading college beauty?)

While we are waiting...again, we have no idea what to expect tomorrow, right now the twitters and tweets are all freaking out about lines at the Metro in the morning. I should have had Craig or someone in DC mail me some tokens or what ever they use on the Metro, I don't know if its like marta or the ny subway. We have snacks, but for the most part will be traveling all in darkness.. I do not even have a book. We are dropping the dogs off at Dahn and David's maybe I'll get something there. I'll have to find an itty bitty book light.

8:00 pm, waiting.....
8:04 : switched to c-span

Joe Solomonase speaking, getting huge applause talking about repeal of DADT and DOMA ..

Hail to the Chief... HUGE APPLAUSE... to be expected. They won't let him start... showing him some real love... " I love you back...."

8:10 : He starts.. thanking everyone.... inc out brand new gay Ambassador to New Zealand, etc. Tipper Gore is there...
  • He is happy to be the opening act for Lady Ga Ga.. the homos love him...
  • You know, he has been getting so much flack lately from the glbt community, but come on kids, he is here... lets see the glass as half full.
  • I am here with a simple message: " I am here with you in that fight "
  • He is addressing the speed at which things are changing... YES, putting us in with the African American movement of the 60's... saying all the right things.
  • " most importantly you are Americans who care deeply about this country and its future"...
  • first standing ovation about recognizing same sex couples...

  • announcing the passing of the Mathew Shepard act.... crowd goes wild...
  • another standing O at ending DADT... saying all the right things, but dragging his feet on this one, but this weekend is all about the love. He did just say : " I will end don't ask/don't tell" , point blank. We have to believe him....
  • He is so razors edge on " I support marriage..." .. calls for the overturning of DOMA... rapture breaks loose....
  • You know, this really is sort of getting me fired up about tomorrow... still a little nervous.. but that is just me, well that and time spent on a bus....
  • " tonight I am hopeful...."
  • great story.. I cant type fast enough.. but a great story...
  • Brian is here, we have to go in a few min...we will stay till the end of the speech
  • LOVED IT.. but you knew I would . COME ON , the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES just stood up for ME.
  • CNN will now have all the post speech fal de rah....
  • DONT FORGET TO WATCH CSPAN TOMORROW AT 2:00 , Neil will be on stage at the very start, wearing an orange t shirt. We are off... wish us luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is "rapidly fading college beauty queen" and no you look cute.