Thursday, December 31, 2009

Alive and almost kicking.

I'm back kiddies!

Many, many thanks to the countless thousands of k+b readers who put good thoughts out into the universe , it worked!

SO! What the heck happened Kyle?
Let's make a long story longer, and hop into the way back machine.

The First Ankle Break

Picture it, Sicaly, 1912.....errrr.. no, Winder , Ga. 1977 ish.. for once not lying about my age, I really don't remember. But, it was the mid to late 70's and I was the proud owner of a pair of hot fashion shoes: Famolare " Wave Soled"

This is not the exact pair, but the same heel height. Did not take long to fall right off of them. Freta made me go to square dancing lessons that night.... before a car load of kids went to the Emergency room. The trend had begun.

Ankle Break #2


UGA 1981. The McDonalds right next to the Delt House. Kyle, Jodi, Jackie Cowart and sweet Joe Neeley, Sober as a judge, I fell right off the curb, hence the trend. Jodi made me go out drinking... ended up at the UGA infirmary. YOU try getting on a Russell bus on crutches!

Ankle Break #3



Jodi's birthday party..1990, one too many Rock Lobsters and right over I went, again. Yet another night in the Emergency Room, at least this time it was the hospital I was born in, Piedmont. The fun aspect of this cast was that Steve and I were looking for a new apartment, stairs and alley ways all over Midtown on crutches. Big fun.

SO, and I never really gave this any thought, but over the years I did a lot of damage to my leg, and UNKNOWN to me, I have developed arthritis in my ankle. What would have been just a slight sprain, inflamed the arthritis, and I developed , or started to developed Cellulitis. Never heard of this either, but had it. I should not have done all the things I did on Christmas Eve, but we had promised Logan and Reid that we would take them to see Avatar , and we had to go to St. Bart's for midnight service. And the new , well, one year old tradition of Christmas Eve Waffle House

Christmas Day, I just took it easy, and off the the little Med-First thing in Winder.

Off my feet leg in the air and on some pretty strong antibiotics for FIVE DAYS. Thanks to some hard core TLC from my parents and Neil I am all better now.

LOTS of blogging to come.. just because I was not on here, does not mean that you guys get to NOT know what we were having for dinner or what Koda has been up too!

No comments: