Thursday, December 17, 2009

Where did Alex's hope go ?

Keith from last night, watch it if you have not already.
We will discuss afterward...





One year ago... the blink of an eye, the world was on the edge of its collective seat.
" Change was coming......."

It didn't.

Oh, sure ,the over all tone is different. Presidents Barack Obama and George Bush are very different individuals. But the real, core change that so SO, many people believed in, is has not yet happened.

" Oh, my , God, Kyle, you silly ass fair weather Obama supporter, don't you know that the economy was already off the cliff and hanging on my one of those cartoon branches that always seem to grow off the side of cliffs ?? And two wars ! He has a lot on his plate....."

yeah, yeah, yeah........

President Obama ran on health care reform, and was overwhelmingly elected. There are 58 Democrats in the Senate and one independent and one narcissistic asshole who caucus with them. The magic number of 60! The land of milk and honey.
War is over, bye bye DADT and DOMA, Single payer health care for all.Clean air! Clean water, Polar Bears! My heart is full!
"I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat" - Will Rogers

If someone were to read back in the k+b ,you could see my change from die hard Hilliary-ite to Obama-maina, and as I stated over and over low, those many months ago. It wasn't just that I wanted my side to win. I wanted their side to lose. The intense smugness and overall righteousness of the far right, now the tea bag set. I wanted to wipe that shit eating grin off their faces.
"Pretty darn petty of you, Kyle!", where is your cum-bah-ya, we are the world spirit?
Eight years of " Hillary killed Vince Foster" and eight years of passionate conservatism, mixed with reading and watching too much right wing media , I wanted revenge.

So, where are we with this Health Care Reform? Everything that I would have wanted in it is gone. From all I am reading and hearing it really is just backing a truck up to the big insurance companies and unloading money by the ton. I will be calling Senators Schumer and Gillibrand and asking them to vote against this bill, as it stands now.

NOT GIVING UP HOPE or anything, at least not yet. Well, not fully.. just not the kind of blue Christmas I was hoping for.

1 comment:

GrammyM said...

I wholeheartedly agree!