Monday, March 8, 2010

Fifth Quarter Oscar Show.



Oscar! Oscar! Oscar!

Like I have said, the superbowl for my people! Let's get started.

I am all about the honesty, and this is how the evening wore on for me, by the time Barbra and her Donna Karen tux for ladies, gave out the Hurt Locker award, I was well wine-d up and this was my view.
It didn't start out like that.
And I made a lovely pot roast.
BUT, yall are not here for the food and company, so let's get right too it!
Who wore what, when and in some cases , for God's sake, why?

  1. -
  2. George needed a hair cut.. but really, flawless
  3. I loved this dress, hate the silliness of Robert, but Mrs. Downey jr, looks great.
  1. vampire chick, not age appropreate, but a pretty dress
  2. EXACTLY the way a plus size woman should dress, The Queen looks amazing
  3. -
  4. very pretty, like the top, very on trend
  1. you know, it is what it is, I would have liked it better without the applique
  2. I do not know who this is, but if she is not in her third trimester, she needs to fire her stylist.
  3. Maggie - I did not like it on the red carpet, but am liking this picture more. Intresting choice, I am agreeing with the boys that maybe it was not right for the Oscar red carpet.
  4. Mo'nique looks great, the dress fits, which is rare for her... she knew she was going to win, hate the flower in here hair.
  1. -
  2. Diane Kruger - I do not know who she is , or what she was in. This dress is obviously Chanel. Everyone on the internets is hating it. I am digging it, I mean, she wanted to wear a Chanel dress and did. Yes, you see the dress more than her, but I like the fit the look,... If you dont like this, take it up with Uncle Karl, not this actress
  3. Melanie Griffith .. why? all around, why?
  4. Meryl again in Chris March. Really like this dress, for Meryl Streep, I do wish it was not white, but looks very fresh, clean..
  1. Rachel McAdams - love the dress, hate the print, looks like a motel 6 bed spread
  2. Amanda Seyfried - I'm torn... very on trend for the night, I just don't know if I like the hard structure of the bodice, but pretty...
  3. HATED THIS DRESS - J.Low is wearing bubble wrap, her hair looks like crap, just Oscar Fail... the other sites are loving it.
  4. Demi - damn. She looks great, close to the top of the night.
  1. Kate Winslet , pretty, but again with the armor of a bodice...
  2. Dame Mirren - knows how to put it together. Looks great, again top of the heap
  3. Queen of night, and dressing the part, not crazy about it, but she is a director, not a starlet.
  4. a little Can-Can
Fails all around
  1. Charlize.... and her boobie cups. Pretty dress, but the top is just wrong. At least she is not all spray tannie
  2. Zoe, the real life Avatar. Love the top, hate the bottom, it is Givenchy couture, I just do not like the color variations. Maybe all in black... the fit is wonderful.
  3. wrong, this young actress needs all new gays. Three strikes and you are out. Dress, color of dress, hair.. all wrong.
  4. Molly Ringwald scared me last night.

Here we go.
  1. " I know I am going to win" and did. Sandra Bullock in Marchesa Fall 2010. At first it struck me as being Bridal, but it was just flashing white on the tv. Shimmery, sleek silver, perfect for winning the gold. Loved the hair, but why that lip shade?
  2. The big question of the night. Is the Emperor wearing cloths? Can you dislike SJP in Chanel Couture? The styling, hair/make-up fit the dress, but are severe otherwise.It looks very Carrie Bradshaw.. but can we even make that distinction? In the cool light of day, I like it, but more of the over all look and daring than the dress itself.
  3. Cameron Diaz in Oscar De la Renta. More times than not she does not look good on the red carpet. Not tonight, she may have been the best dressed there.
  4. no... horrible fit, not age appropriate, and really, please , someone give her a posture lesson, please. Because she is NOT going to go away...
again with the fails all around.
  1. Tina Fey and Michael Kors do Betty Ruble, and Dahn and I decided that her hair style was how Dahn wore hers, when running late for class in 10th grade.
  2. moving right along....
  3. very very much the wrong dress for this tiny actress...
  4. A hip mother of the groom....
  1. Sigourney Weaver in Lanvin... love the color, love the woman, not crazy about the one shoulder, goes a little linebacker
  2. why?
  3. Penelope Cruz.. VERY good for her, not too tight, not too busty, It is Donna Karen. just seems like we have seen it many times as of late...
  4. Vera Farmiga, from Inglorious Bastards, in Marchesa. I loved it, others are saying it is too much dress, I disagree.

No comments: