Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Afternoon

I am all spring forwarded, with out a clue of what time it is - shock, yes, we all know.. but does it mix me up. Still with the rain and the muck and mire here East of the Genesee. A few short romps for Koda, the all white dog, but not long ones. We did get in three miles yesterday, which made him , and me, very happy.

Ismail Merchant is dead.

A hens tooth of a treat for me as I took in a movie, just me , The Young Victoria.



It was pretty good, I enjoyed it, but it is the exact sort of thing that I do like. It sort of lacked the grandness of an Ivory/Merchant movie, and I think some of the cloths were not exactly right. And I knew a little bit too much to let some of the scenes slide. Blenheim is not in Saxe-Coburg or Gotha, and if yall would have just turned the camera the other way we would not have seen Queen Anne. Something odd happens in the end too, that was just made up, but all in all a nice way to spend a rainy damp Sunday afternoon. If you see it, or more likely, if you rent it, slo-mo on a group shot of HRH's Ladies in Waiting , and you will see Princess Beatrice, four great granddaughter of Victoria.

Mr. Crawford, we have asked you repeatedly

Got yelled at again, nicely, in Wegman's for taking pictures of the food. I just get over come. That , and I forgot to turn off the flash. Red Swiss Chard,golden beets, collards,mustard greens, that weird aloe looking plant, red beets, kale, organic and not....

Π Day

March 14th and all. Like I know this, my little math nerd whiz pal ,young Alex told me. So, I bought a tiny apple pie.

Blackfeet

Home and out for a spongy romp with Koda. Even he did not want to stay out that long.
Water ,water everywhere, when the new ball field was built, it somehow , happily, shifted the flooding pattern, so now all the water goes back into the woods, not up towards the houses in Mendon. There are ducks, swimming in these woods, confused Koda.

1 comment:

GrammyM said...

Loved you getting yelled at in Wegman's. I got yelled at in Publix by a clerk for taking pictures with my iPhone of the aisle signs. The manager heard her and "called her off". When I explained what I was doing he gave me a list of the aisles so I could set up my phone grocery list to match the aisles.