I've seen next to nothing. My fault, I screwed up the netflix....
So, we will just let the voting members deal with the actual movies, and we will jump headlong into some pre red-carpet debate. And, well.... it is not a pretty picture. When Dame Helen Mirren ( who we do all love....) is your fashion maven.. it is not going to be that great of a night. But there will be others..
( again, not the acting, but the red carpet look)
- Sandra Bullock
- Helen Mirren
- Carey Mulligan
- Gabourey Sidibe
- Meryl Streep
Also , at the Golden Globes or Screen Actors or one of them Meryl wore Project Runway Alum Chris March.. hideous dress, really, even for Saint Meryl, but still , Papa Bear getting his name out there. I don't even know who Ms. Mulligan is, so I could be very surprised.
Best Supporting Actress
- Penelope Cruz
- Vera Farmiga
- Maggie Gyllenhaal-Sarsgaard
- Anna Kendrick
Will be nice if some young Hollywood starlet has the fashion forwardness to wear some Alexander McQueen. Also as a little amuse-bouche, here is , from HuffPo:
( click there, then open a second window and come back to the k+b )
- Harry's Neighbor! Young, fresh, bold, perfect.
- no, but she did win..but I LOVED the next year, which everyone else also hated
- yes, perfect for her, and again, she won
- came with Cows.. it really is NOT as bad as it looks, the two things on top of her head are not really there, but people in the back ground, but still, A stylist died this night.
- Diva in the making, perfect
- Two stylist died this night
- She was on coke, and did make it herself... it was the 80's
- sigh, as a gay man , I am supposed to just swoon over this one, but I just don't like it. Nina would say " the dress is wearing her..."
- See earlier post ( and really, we are not allowed ,ever , to speak ill of her, you can get your card taken away in a heart beat..)
- the MOST talked about dress in Oscar history, and I for one loved it. Perfect for her, for the time, and it was very runway... grow up. ( ok, the egg bag was a bit much..)
- Why is this woman NOT a bigger star? Why I ask you? Yes, it could be the bangs, which do make the baby jesus cry, but still , just lovely.
- Leaning NOT to make her Mother-in-law's mistakes, Cherry looks LOVELY in this dress. An all time favorite .
- I threw up in my mouth a little... did it come with a net?
- Gap White Mens Shirt.. its called KNOWING yourself, and knowing how hot you are , and a little bit of an FU to Hollywood for the ageism Another all time favorite.
- Everyone also loves this one, I never have been all that crazy about it, except you could tell the end was near for the then power couple , cause Nicole dumped the kitten heel and was not afraid to tower over her lollypop gang member husband.
- 100% perfect for that night.. and so so so on trend for that year, but it is not holding up well.. She is flawless, the dress, looking a little dated.
- page 42 of how to dress when you know you are going to win and rule the town. really.
- Ummmm..Jenny from the Block.. Maude from on down that block, called and wants her dress back...
- oompa loompa wapadee do... ( but do love her! ) just a little too orange..
- She is Cher... deal with it.
- sigh..... see above, but you do not have to deal with it, that outfit came with a " bless her heart"
- go off on me folks, but I loved it, and it was for a pre Oscar happening, and it was very fashion forward that night... maybe not the hat, but you know, it gets cold up there
- I love white on the red carpet, I love Mrs. Jolie-Pitt, I don't love this, but am going to blame the picture.
- a smurf stylist died...
- Like there has ever been any Carolina Herrera that I have not liked, I loved this, a lot of the talking heads did not, " too structured, too origami... blah, blah, blah" The ex Mrs Chesney looked fantastic, not like now, where she is approaching that size -1 post chemo look.
Here is Entertainment Weekly's top 30.. maybe we will do comments on these later on!
Enjoy the show!