Thursday, April 29, 2010

Brunch, The Verb

It wasn't really brunch, in the classic sense, but in Kyle world, they are all brunch.

Started yesterday when I mowed the entire lawn. Beautiful day, yesterday, and today.

Then took this picture of some pretty tulips on the way to Wegmans.
Fruit Salad, the night before.
As said many times, I love this old range.
See, the secret of a NINE O'CLOCK ( that's AM !! ) breakfast, is planning! everything that could be done , was done, the night before.
Coffee and a little sweet to nosh on pre meal. No one touched the muffins or doughnuts. Swim suit season, I guess....
  • really yummy breakfast sausage strata with red peppers. Turns out, I have not been using enough milk in my strata custards! Live and learn. One dozen eggs, a quart of milk!
  • "spring vegetable strata, asparagus , spinach, mushroom. I remembered to spray the foil this time, too! Batting 1000.
  • Morning Home Fries
  • Grits, cheese on the side
  • fruit salad
  • deviled eggs
  • some plain scrambled eggs, my pal John has the celiacs
Sixteen people, they really did not eat that much, at all. I guess at some point I need to realize that everyone is not me.

No comments: