Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sunday April 4th, 2010

EASTER SUNDAY

We left Susan and Paul's, came back to Winder. Everyone else went to church and to Easter Luncheon over and Mike and Laurie's. We skipped that and just hung out at the house till everyone else came over, to follow my Dad's wishes and scatter his ashes around his beloved garden in the back yard.
It was a beautiful day, bright and sunny, really too hot for early April, just the kind of weather that he loved. So, it was fine. Neil wrote and read a beautiful prayer.
Gathered to drink a toast to Pete afterwards, he always liked that as well.
Little Laura Kate, who I would not hold, and her very sweet daddy Russell. The day before was her first birthday. We missed the party.
My nephew Ryan , who is home from the Marines.
Freta, who never drinks beer, drank ½ a bottle of beer, and asked " how could ANYONE drink six whole beers ? ", the tea I was drinking came out my nose. We just sat around chatting, very low key. Everyone left, Neil and I went to a yummy little local Cuban restaurant for some dinner. We loaded up the car for our early - long - day to come.

No comments: