Sunday, April 4, 2010

Here comes Peter Cottontail....

Very traditional Easter here for us, wake up, come home, spread your Dad's ashes in the back yard ( it is a big back yard) have some darn good Cuban food! ( thanks for the tip, Jason ) pack the car and drive to Mendon, by way of Fairport to fetch Koda. Many thanks to the always wonderful and I am sure very tired Dahn for sending the pic of Koda enjoying his Easter lamb bone.

It really does seem like we have been down here for a month. For the happy happy Monk of Mendon, to be as outgoing as well as on the go for the last week has been an ordeal. I am glad that everyone gathered one more time today, so we got to say our good byes. This was a whole lot of hugging ,as well as ,a set of new parents that had yet to learn the hula hoop rule about Uncle Kyle. ( under 21, you may come as close as a hula hoop is large...) They seemed a bit put out that I would not hold their dear ( it is a very cute baby) child. BUT, someone down here found a picture of me holding my nephew when he was a baby.. so, I have done it once, and well, that is really enough.

I am tired, my liver is tired, my feet are tired, my brain is tired, my being is tired. I am looking forward to just me and Neil and some Stucky's pecan logs tomorrow. Every how many hours to just wind down from all that has gone on this past week. I'll say it one more time, before the official post to come when I am home on my computer: I could not have done this with out the love and support of so many dear friends, see, you can tell I am tired, I am being mushy. I do not really have a support system in Winder, so I was most happy to see pals from ATL here in Winder ( Moopahs in the house! ) and I could just feel the love just pouring out of Upstate NY ( and Tennessee and Texas and Florida and Alabama......) Who ever yall were sending those good thoughts too heard you and gave me a hand on the shoulder and a little dose of non pink football bravery to get through this. I hope I can find the words to let you all know how much knowing you were there meant to me.

Next post should be from my happy little sty of an office with photos!
Neil will facebook post from the road....

No comments: