Friday, April 9, 2010

o.d.a.a.t. ( cue Cristy Lane...)

2+2= 1964 Dodge Dart
and
The Capitol of Montana is rhubarb pie.

Still feeling my way around this new reality and all. The fact that the early spring heat has made Mendon feel like Winder pollen wise is NOT helping matters any, at all. Feeling like crap while being all confused is just not the best way to spend a Thursday.

Neil knows me well enough now to know that the pill phobia and the , lets face it, fucked up body chemistry make it impossible for me to take allergy drugs like a human being, so he insisted we do the next best thing this morning, the clean air of The Pittsford Movie Theater, just wish we had picked a better movie.


Ummm.. wow, really sort of hard to mess up this. I mean, it's a great story and all. I am a rabid fan of the Harryhausen 1981 movie, with it's little total rip off r2d2 Owl in ancient Greece. Camp and stop motion at its best! 2010 can not make up it's mind if its LOTR or Greek Mythology. Very dark, a little pointless and dull... Do not waste your money on the 3-d on this one, very much added at the end to jump on the band wagon of stuff aiming at your head. BUT, for a couple of hours I did not feel like the wrath of those Gods, so money well spent!

Dahn sent over a fantastic dinner tonight, peanut noodles ,( I did not know that she knew I love them!), and Pork Roast in the same sauce , with a lovely cool crispy salad. I was so hungry that I did not get a good pic, but you will get one when I have it for lunch again tomorrow. As always, and so often this last week, many thanks to her.

1 comment:

GrammyM said...

You are right! The peanut noodles were spectacular. I'll admit to tasting several bites myself. Didn't want you to eat them in case they were not good!