Monday, August 25, 2008

Michelle, my Belle



O.K., that was good. That was real good. That was 85% of " I still believe in a place called Hope".
Lets get the shallow stuff out of the way first. LOVED the dress, and hair and pin ! Over the moon happy with the whole look, bold color, great fit. A++! Would have loved to have only seen the children, no being heard, but it is the world that I am forced to live in. She looked fantastic.
It was a VERY GOOD SPEECH, did everything it was supposed to do. Her job was to introduce her family to America, and she did. Working class, sick father, proud mother, all SPOT on, and I don't mean that to sound as cynical as it does. She came on stage to do a job, and did it VERY WELL. That was the longest speech I have heard her give, and she is VERY GOOD at it. I believe that she believes with all her heart that he is the man for the job. I think she will be a swell first lady, I do question how happy she will be in that role. I do not see her as the "Hillary-take-on-health-care-type". BUT, she is also not the "-Xanaxed- out- of -her -gourd -Laura- type" either. Something new.... a good thing.
Will be weird to have a First Lady younger than me. ( maybe I will just have to get a little bit younger too, its been done before).. but good music in the White House, at long last. It was also a very classy moment when she gave Senator Clinton a "shout out" , that is a good word for what she did... Classy. Something so very rare in politics today. Even I, the most die hard of the die hard would not call the Clintons, classy...
O.K.... bottom line. OTHER than thinking that Senator Clinton would be better at what the country needs right now, my issue with Senator Obama is at its core what I expect from my Government. I do not look to Washington for inspiration, I have college football and the American Musical Theater for that. I want the pot holes fixed. I truly believe that Government is the solution NOT the problem.The banking crisis is from LACK of regulation, the Airlines SUCK from LACK of regulation. Cars get 6 miles a gallon due to LACK of regulation.. That and for them to stay the fuck out of my bedroom. I do not want nor need pie in the sky from politicians, because I know how Washington works.... through HARD wonkish, plow through the ickyness, WORK. Hours of brain killing dull things that GET THE JOB DONE. Fighting the other side , that IS in it for themselves and big business over the little guy, and fighting hard- and mean- enough to win.
Also, was it just me , or did anyone else take issue with having the band play Stevie Wonder's " Isn't She Lovely" as the closing music. Were we proving that the Obama's have moved on from the Hillary Clinton angry "burn your bra" types? Just seemed like a bad choice to me.. "Isn't she accomplished", "Didn't she ace the LSAT's" but.. Lovely??? Then again, what do I know, I spent the first three or four minutes of the speech guessing if she was a six or an eight....
All that said, bottom line 2: HE IS A MUCH BETTER CHOICE THAN JOHN McCAIN.

No Question as to whom I will vote for, nor if I will vote. I think there are VERY few Hillary voters who will go over to the GOP. I HOPE I am blown away Thursday night..




No comments: