Tuesday, August 26, 2008

MY SENATOR


  Damn!
"Who did we do it for?"
" Did you vote for me,  or for all the things that we as Democrats believe in."
You know, just give me just a second to ponder the "what if's" That was a grand slam, That was Christmas Morning, That was , that was what all those rabid Obama folks see in Senator Obama, She was BRILLIANT! She was funny, touching , smart, powerful, commanding , a DEMOCRAT. 

"And you haven't worked so hard over the last 18 months, or endured the last eight years, to suffer through more failed leadership. No way. No how. No McCain.
"To fight for an America defined by deep and meaningful equality - from civil rights to labor rights, from women's rights to gay rights, from ending discrimination to promoting unionization to providing help for the most important job there is: caring for our families. To help every child live up to his or her God-given potential."
"It makes sense that George Bush and John McCain will be together next week in the Twin Cities. Because these days they're awfully hard to tell apart."
For me it was too much about personality. I love her, I have for a very long time, and I took Obama's attacks on her personally, again, like I always have when anyone ( ALL of the right wing nut jobs)  attacks her. BUT, I am a Democrat, a bight and shiny Yellow Dog, FDR and JFK loving, card carrying, GOP hating DEMOCRAT. I know what is at risk here. After tonight, I am 1000% behind Senator Barack Obama. It doesn't matter what he does or says Thursday night. I am not going to keep asking why he did or did not do things. That's over. There is the chance come 2009 to have both the House and Senate and White House all Democratic.
Another thing. Those that HATE  her ( and there are many) will always hate her. I do not understand why, I just do not understand. Andrew Sullivan went off on it, he simply can not see any good in her. I don't want to print what he said here , but you can find it if you want . It was pretty much close to a universal home run, but he had to say bad things about her . Why do I read him again??
Tomorrow is JOE BIDEN day... he has some damn big pumps to fill.

No comments: