Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Come on Kyle, cut us some slack here....



"Give us DOG WITH STICK, tell us what you had for dinner, pictures of flowers or kitties or something.. but give the gay thing a rest for a minute, will you? "

I am trying... but this stuff just keeps happening.. and , well, you guys are my vent.. ( again, Pookie is NOT a good sounding board.. she only sees my outrage as NOT getting a snack or time that could be spent sleeping...)
There is a new hatecrimes bill working its way through congress, and no matter where you stand on this sort of thing, ( I am a little bit torn... not a big fan of the thought crime ),  the usual right wing wack jobs are doing their usual dog and pony show. In a massive emailing they tell their minions:

"It is imperative that we contact all members of the House and demand that they vote against this bill as it will not protect a pastor, Bible teacher, Sunday School teacher, youth leader or anyone else from prosecution if he or she teaches against homosexuality if an individual who hears their message then goes out and commits a crime against a homosexual. The pastor or teacher could face prosecution for using "hate speech" and "conspiracy to commit a hate crime." ( not even true...)

We have to be able to preach and teach hate to the next generation!!! 
I mean LOOK it is working! We got another one in Atlanta yesterday:

Family says bullying led boy, 11, to hang himself



" If you are not angry, you are not paying attention....."

2 comments:

b said...

Actually, I say bring on *more* gay stuff! I've been even more out of touch with the world in the past three months and wouldn't know half of this stuff it if weren't for you.

Not only am I a one-mom crusade against "That's so gay," but because of your recent posts I have rejoined PFLAG and GLSEN and requested info in-school programs for my kids' schools. I think we have the right environment there to put them into place next year.

And . . . I'm considering a bumper sticker for the first time in my life.

So I'm glad to be the audience for your vent. Bring it on!

Just don't stop the dinner pictures. Please.

Neil Houghton said...

What "B" said.