Thursday, April 16, 2009

Soreloser-palooza



Two bits,
Four bits, 
Six bits , 
A dollar: 
If  you hate taxes , stand up and holler!
go team....
The Fox News family reunion went on yesterday , seemingly with out a hitch, TENS OF THOUSANDS - count them, TENS OF THOUSANDS of people came out , all over the country to damn the IRS and those wasteful bastards in Washington, D.C. and call the President of the United States Hitler. (among other things)
 They were also there to insist that the United States of America IS most certainly a Christian nation , and decry Roe v. Wade and just go on and on with the nutjob right wing bull shit that is so so very tired. Where were these "patriots" as President George Bush took us from record surplus to record deficit? Cheering him on!  Vice President Cheney said it best: "Deficits don't matter", until now, I guess.

Lets see, I could hop up on my soap box and let go with how much I don't wont to pay for every ones darling kiddies to go to school, seeing as how , I don't have any. I could go on with how I do not want to pay higher insurance and taxes to deal with people that choose to live in parts of the country where hurricanes and floods happen... on and on.
BUT, FELLOW AMERICANS, I understand that what happens to the least of us , matters. I understand that in a civilized world, we can look out for one another, not just live as Islands. I understand that an educated society is better for us all. I do not choose to step over the sick and dying in the streets.. get the picture?
Now, I am pretty darn sure that this blog is not read by very many right wing folk, so this is just a little bit of venting to the choir, and that very few of our readers support yesterdays multi state klan rally. Also,  I want to say that in a free and responsive society , I fully support true grass roots organizations... and hey, I would even like for us to pay less taxes ( New York State, people!) But, yesterday was just the last gasp of the irrelevant Republican party.
Sore Losers, indeed.

1 comment:

b said...

You pay your air share, in the parlance of Lakoff.

I think there really were 20,000 here in Atlanta. It's all over my Facebook, and there were big traffic jams. (I guess, since they don't believe in taxes, they wouldn't want to avail themselves of MARTA. Oh, wait -- the drove on local, state and federal roads, didn't they?)