Wednesday, November 3, 2010

CHOP

I was just crispy, burned burned burned out... dreading what was coming. So , close your eyes and think of England: My dinner with a young Henry Tudor, for
four hours.
Neil was watching with me , but was on his computer and getting his little tweet/twats/twats on his phone. " Really, don't tell me anything at all ". I broke the rule at 8:09 when out Governors race was called. Then he let me know that Christine O'Donnell had lost......... Randy King, Randy King, France..... Four hours into it, I gave in. Did NOT watch any of the hysterics on the tv, namely because being all in a hair shirt Thomas Moore mood , I would have watched Fox News just for the self flagellation, "Mea Culpa public, Mea Culpa....."

I LOVE THE NEW YORK TIMES

Up here in my little cubby of an office, alone, calm, I snuck on, really to check my own house race which was never really in question, my guy was going to lose. No real feel for a Democrat down in the Southern Tier after Mr. Tickle me Elmo. BIG BIG win for GLBT New Yorkers, yet again, all the state wide forces that be , who were VERY pro Same Sex Marriage won. Have not figured out the state senate  yet to see if some real action can be taken.
The NYT lets you go into ever district or county in the entire country, in real time. Tried as I might to say away, the Siren call of political numbers was just too much. 

It's late, three Senate seats still up in the air, but I am going to bed. Much more in depth tomorrow, if only for me to work this out. No doubt at all that it was a terrible horrible, no good , very bad day for the Democrats, but it was NOT scorched and salted earth..... A couple of tea bag crazies slipped in, some big ones did  not. 

We are alive to fight another day.

No comments: