Wednesday, November 10, 2010

For Laura


So my pal Laura  posts on the facebook today: "your mama makes the best Mac-N-cheese EVER!" So, I called to see what was so good about it, she sent me the recipe.
Turns out my mother went to my brothers house for supper a while back and HE made this , it came from the Barrow County News:

Rhonda Rich Glorious Macaroni and Cheese

1 8oz box elbow macaroni (cooked)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
_ cup diced pimentos
_ cup diced onions
1 lb cheese (grated)

Sautee pimentos and onions lightly in 3 tbs margarine. Add all ingredients and mix together in large bowl.

This is what came through, so I'm not sure how much pimento and onion, lets go with a large jar of pimentos and what? 1/2 a cup of onion?

Salt to taste

Pour into greased casserole and bake 25 min. at 350 degrees.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Thank you!

jane said...

You know how I feel about any recipe with cream of can soups; however, I think sauteeing the diced onions in butter, prior to adding to the casserole would make it sweeter.

b said...

ew ew ew! mayo and Campbell's have no place in mac&cheese!

(Save the Campbell's for the Warhols)

Kyle said...

I am totally willing to make it, at least once....and Jane, it calls for MARGARINE !

Laura said...

I little mayo-ish but it was good funeral comfort food!

jane said...

Oops, sorry. Yes I do see where it says to sautee in margarine. OK there is no saving this one.